I recently got a query from an infra guy on how to modify the domain names of the Sitecore instance using minimum domain names and SSL certificate. So I thought I will jot it down so it will help others as well as me in future.
So lets assume that you already have Sitecore 9.2 instance installed which has installed 3 websites (Main, Identity & xConnect sites) and generated the self signed certificates for the same.
The minimum requirement to setup the Sitecore 9.2 sites on internet is:
1 Domain name
2 Sub domains
1 SSL certificate
Ex. sitecoredemo.com as a domain name then create identity.sitecoredemo.com & xconnect.sitecoredemo.com as sub domains & create a Server certificate in IIS or from a Certificate Authority as *.sitecoredemo.com
- Install the certificate in case generated by Certificate Authority.
- Add the new bindings to the respective sites with the new SSL certificate (*.sitecoredemo.com).
- Add these end points in host file.
- Now we will be able to access the Sitecore site on the new URL but will it point to the new identity server? The answer is NO.
- Go to Sitecore.Owin.Authentication.IdentityServer.config file under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SitecoreDemo.dev.local\App_Config\Sitecore\Owin.Authentication.IdentityServer. Update the URL to the new one.
- And to update the references to the xConnect, we will need to update 5 URLs in ConnectionStrings.config under App_Config folder.
- Recycle the app-pools for all 3 sites and reload the Sitecore site.
- Now the site will be redirecting to the new Identity server URL and updating the collection database through the new xConnect URL.
Hope this helps you to setup the Sitecore 9.x environment. Please let me know in case you face any issues while following these steps.
Thank you.. Happy Learning.. Happy Sitecoring.. 🙂