Once we install Sitecore on Azure PaaS using the Marketplace option. In either case, if you opted for SOLR or Azure Search as search provider, the advanced search or the search in the Content Editor doesn’t work.
What can be the reason behind this issue?
The reason is the indexes are not created or the items are yet to be indexed. In our example, I have opted for Azure Search as a Search provider.
The steps to resolve the issues are as below:
- Go to Sitecore Control Panel.
- Click on Indexing Manager at the left lower corner.
- Select the required indexes. The main indexes are core, master and web so for the demo, I will select only these 3.
- Click on the Rebuild button at the bottom of the pop up.
- Once the rebuild is successful, the advanced search and search for Content Editor should work.
- And these indexes will be created under Azure Search.
- Go to Azure Portal >> Resource Group.
- Click on the Azure Search instance link.
- And we can see the 3 indexes that got created after rebuilding it from Sitecore Control panel.
This is how we can make the Search work in our Sitecore Azure PaaS instance.
Thank you.. Keep Learning.. Keep Sitecoring.. 🙂