So first we will understand why we are facing this issue. The simple answer is there is a mismatch in the dll version. So lets see where we found this mismatch.
- Go to Sitecore instance (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LearningSitecore\Website\)
- Locate System.Web.Mvc.dll in bin folder and go to it’s properties.
- In properties under Details tab check the version of the dll file.
- Now go to Sitecore instance (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\LearningSitecore\Website\), Open Web.Config file and Search for “System.Web.Mvc”.
- The Version will be different in this line change it to the version we found in the properties i.e. 5.2.3
- Now again find “System.Web.Mvc”
- Update the version to 184.108.40.206 in oldVersion and newVersion attributes as well.
- Now save the Web.config file and reload the website.
- This will load the front end as well as backend site.
- In case you are getting similar issue for other dlls then you can use the same approach.
This solves our show stopper issue. From next blog we will deep dive in the basics of Sitecore such as templates, renderings, items, etc. Stay tuned.
Thank you.. Keep Learning.. Keep Sitecoring.. 🙂