There was a funny incident that happened with me. I spent a lot of time to understand the script error and changed many things but no luck.
The funniest part was I never touched any part of the script expect the Path of the item in the Query and the script broke with following error:
Get-Item : End of string expected at position 39. At line:8 char:14 + ... $Items = Get-Item -Path master: -Query "/sitecore/content/hbfuller ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-Item], ParseException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Sitecore.Data.Query.ParseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetItemCommand
The only change was I had updated the path in the Query on line number 8. – /sitecore/content/SiteA/Products-and-Technologies/Markets-and-Applications/Transportation/Trailer
The issue was the word “and” was present in the item path, so I had to add “#” in the start and end of the item name containing the word “and” to resolve this issue.
Hope it helps..
Thank you.. Keep Learning.. Keep Sitecoring.. 🙂